Bloxham’s Lockdown Outreach Primary Activities
Bloxham's teaching staff have helped to compile a collection of educational and fun activities, suitable for Year 4 and 5 to enjoy during the lockdown period. The activities are for children to complete at home without the use of technology, with the focus on learning away from screens. Each activity covers a different curriculum subjects including English, Science, French and Art.
One of the activities featured takes inspiration from success of one of Bloxham’s Lower School students who was recently name the UK Young Cartoonist of the Year. Now Bloxham launches their very own competition:
Bloxham School’s Cartoonist of the Year 2021
Year 4 and 5 pupils can enter Bloxham's new competition with the theme is ‘Make Me Laugh!’. We are looking for original cartoons and it can be of anything (but must be funny and within the bounds of good taste). It can be drawn, painted, collaged or digital art and can be submitted with or without a caption, as long as the joke is clear.
We will select a winner and exhibit the submissions online. Entrants have the chance to win £40 Hobbycraft vouchers.
Please send your entries (a scan or photo of artwork), along with your name, age, name of your school and your contact details to [email protected]. This data will be used for competition use only.
Entries must be received by 01.03.2021. Terms and conditions below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The competition is open to entrants aged 8 to 10 years.
2. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
4. Closing date for entry will be Monday 1st March 2021. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
5. Entries should be sent to [email protected]
6. The prize is as follows: The winning child will receive £40 Hobbycraft voucher. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
7. Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges from Bloxham School.
8. The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
9. We will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
10. Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
12. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
13. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: [email protected]
14. The information provided will not be used for any other purpose, other than to contact the winning entrant.
15. Bloxham School shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
16. Bloxham School also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.